Requisition/job Posting Number: 57395
Quality Staffing, Inc. is seeking an experienced Project Manager/Program Coordinator to work through our agency as a contract employee for the state of Tennessee in the Department of Finance & Administration in the Tennessee Office of Criminal Justice Programs. This is a day shift position working Monday-Friday 8:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m., with 1 hour for lunch for a total of 37.5 hours. This is a hybrid position, which is partly remote and partly go into the office as needed. It is in the downtown Nashville area. Pay is $35.50 per hour.
Job Summary– Candidate will provide assistance in presenting and meeting with stakeholders (in-person and virtual), creating written materials for internal and external use, assisting with community needs assessments, and tracking grant activities and deliverables (meeting minutes, forum notes, survey results, etc.).
- Assist Liaison position in conducting comprehensive needs assessments for the state and within local communities as requested or required.
- Assist in creation of materials and conducting outreach, education, and presentations to the community.
- Assisting in planning, scheduling, and note-taking in focus groups to help assess needs across the state.
- Maintain and cultivate collaborative relationships with state and local community organizations and leaders by helping Liaison position deliver content, information and messaging through virtual/face-to-face meetings and community presentations.
- Help Liaison position develop, implement and manage innovative ideas and evidence-based practices that will increase access to services by this population, including a Best Practices Guide.
- Assist Liaison position in the development and implementation of bench marking and tracking to gauge the effectiveness of awareness strategies, programs and key initiatives.
- Assist Liaison position in the annual strategic planning process to address the needs of rural victims of crime and elder victims of crime; and
- Perform related duties as required.
Preferred Knowledge, Skill, and Qualifications:
- Understanding of the specific needs of both victim populations
- Understanding of trauma-informed care
- Experience working on large-scale projects with diverse stakeholders and audiences
- Ability to work as part of a fast-paced multi-disciplinary team which includes the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with diverse persons including law enforcement, criminal justice professionals, social service agencies and other systems that impact service delivery for rural and elder victims of crime.
- Experience conducting needs assessments, victim panels, community forums and coordinated community response teams.
- Knowledge of the criminal justice & social service system.
- Skill in problem solving, and decision making
- Strong ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with diverse groups of individuals and elected officials.
Analyzing Data or Information:
- Uses state and federal guidance, publications, laws, and other communications to inform OCJP publications, strategies, policies, forms, and processes and ensure compliance.
- Can collect and analyze office process data to recommend improvements for efficiency and accuracy.
- Intermediate knowledge of laws, legal codes, government regulations and the legislative process.
- Intermediate knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership techniques.
- Intermediate knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services, to include customer needs assessment and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Intermediate knowledge of the criminal justice system and/or services to victims of crime.
- Advanced interpersonal and social perceptiveness skills
- Intermediate presentation skills
- Intermediate judgment and decision-making skills
- Advanced time management skills
- Advanced Project Management skills
- Intermediate public speaking skills
- Intermediate negotiation and persuasion skills
- Complex problem-solving skills
- Active listening skills
- Advanced oral expression and comprehension ability
- Advanced written expression and comprehension ability
- Inductive and deductive reasoning
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree.
- Five (5) years of professional experience of increasing responsibility.
- Work history in the fields of victim services or criminal justice preferred.
- Weekly Pay/Comparable Wages
- Major Medical Insurance
- Indemnity Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
Interested? Here is how to apply:
- Visit our website at qualitystaffing.com
- Click on “Apply Now” and complete the process.
- Follow up with a phone call Quality Staffing during the hours of 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday 706-226-4119 (office) or 615-945-8892 (cell). Please ask to speak to Scott Quinn or Rhonda Wells.
- IMPORTANT!!! Please reference all correspondences with the Requisition/Job Posting Number that is found at the top of the job description.
Quality Staffing, Inc. and our subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and consider all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.