JOB POSTING NUMBER: 92782
Quality Staffing, Inc. is seeking a Receptionist/ Office Assistant for a position through our agency as a contract employee for the State of Tennessee in the Department of Health located in Nashville TN. This is a 1st shift position working Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with 1 hour for lunch for a total of 37.5 hours. Pay will start at $15.75/HR. Parking is included for this position.
This position provides support to Communicable and Environmental Diseases and Emergency Preparedness (CEDEP), Environment Health Program (EH), Central Office staff and environmentalists in the field.
Receptionist – The candidate is responsible for answering the phones and assisting callers and walk-in visitors in a knowledgeable, welcoming manner. Will be responsible for assisting with permitting tasks regarding establishment owners, permit applicants, environmentalist health specialists, and field office managers with questions or issues about permits, fees, renewals daily.
Accounts Receivable – Candidate will ensure that payments received are prepared accurately for deposit with the correct account and correct permit fee amounts. These duties are critical in that payments and refunds must be posted in a timely manner, and providing excellent customer service to roughly 45,000 permittees, 100 environmentalists, and a staff of 12 in the Central Office.
Break down of Job Duties and Responsibilities by percentages will include but are not limited to:
- Proficiently able to handle more than one phone line at a time. (50%)
- Answer main telephone lines by second ring in a friendly, courteous manner.
- Provide accurate information to callers
- Screen and transfer calls to appropriate person
- take accurate and complete telephone messages with the name, number, and brief summary of caller’s inquiry, and any other applicable information
- Route messages from Voice Mail Systems.
- Provides office support services for Accounts Receivable Department (30%)
- Work closely with the Permittees, Environmentalists and Account Clerk
- Completes fiscally related assignment tasks and data entry tasks in VERSA to ensure accounts are distributed and completed.
- Provides office support services for Environmental Health Program Managers. (10%)
- Greet and assist 100% of Environmental Health callers in a knowledgeable, welcoming manner. (10%)
- 2 Years’ experience working is an office setting, managing a multi-line telephone system.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the software (VERSA) is a plus
- Accounts Receivable experience is a plus
- Weekly Pay/Comparable Wages
- Major Medical Insurance
- Indemnity Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability
Interested? Here is how to apply:
- Click on “Apply Now” and complete the process
- Send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org(RESUMES MUST BE CONVERTED TO WORD FORMAT)
- Follow up with a phone call during the hours of 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday (615-726-9020)
- IMPORTANT!!! Please reference all correspondences with the Job Posting Number that is found within the job description.