JOB POSTING NUMBER: 92068
Quality Staffing, Inc. is seeking a Traveling Lab Assistant for a position through our agency as a contract employee for the State of Tennessee in the Department of Health. Primary office is in Nashville TN. This is a 1st shift position working Monday-Friday 8:00 AM-4:30 PM with 1 hour for lunch for a total of 37.5 hours. Pay will start at $15.00/HR. Parking is included for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Travel across the State collecting Water samples
- The employee will be responsible for driving to locations across the state to perform water sample collections at day care facilities and schools.
- Return the samples (shipping or courier) to the Tennessee public Health Laboratory (SPHL). The position will also entail communicating with the facilities and preparing supplies for shipment.
- While working in a lab type setting when in the office:
- Log and track the receipt and shipment of all samples into and out of the laboratory and verifies receipt of samples – 25%
- Determines the priority level and appropriate testing procedures of samples according to chain of Custody as well as labels and stores samples in accordance with documented procedures – 25%
- Pick-up and delivery of samples as well as additional customer services, driving, or courier duties as necessary to support laboratory and client needs – 25%
- Prepares bottle kits daily to be shipped to clients to collect samples and return for analysis in accordance with established procedures including EPA and DOT requirements and stocks and supplies inventory daily and assists with inventory of supplies to maintain proper quantity of material to perform task appropriately 25%
- Time permitting, the technician will also be responsible for organizing laboratory data and preparing data spreadsheets for the grant administrator.
- The employee will act as the primary point of contact for the WIIN program at the SPHL.
- MUST have Clean MVR –
- Candidate must drive their own vehicle and will be paid mileage at the state rate
- Must have Some College
- Must be very detailed oriented and accuracy is a must!!
- Must be local candidates already living with in commute distance from agency
- Weekly Pay/Comparable Wages
- Major Medical Insurance
- Indemnity Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Term Life and Short Term Disability
Interested? Here is how to apply:
- Click on “Apply Now” and complete the process
- Send resume to email@example.com(RESUMES MUST BE CONVERTED TO WORD FORMAT)
- Follow up with a phone call during the hours of 8AM-5PM, Monday-Friday (615-726-9020)
- IMPORTANT!!! Please reference all correspondences with the Job Posting Number that is found within the job description.